Once upon a time, I didn't like coffee. Oh, I enjoyed the smell well enough -- to the point of tying some beans up in a piece of fabric to hang off my rear-view mirror and make my car smell of coffee at the end of a sunshiney day. I just had no taste for the stuff.
Then I was introduced to the latte.
My experience was the same as this guy's. Fortunately, unlike that guy, my first latte experience didn't end with gastrointestinal horror that accompanies severe lactose intolerance.
So I gradually became a coffee convert, but of all coffee drinks I love lattes the best. I worked as a barista one summer and currently have an espresso machine given me by my parents for Christmas. It is fabulous. Therefore, I hold several Opinions about lattes.
Callie's Opinions about Lattes:
- Hazelnut Mochas are the best flavor of latte on Earth. (I can make no comments regarding Martian or Plutonian lattes.)
- Peppermint Mochas are a close runner-up.
- When lacking Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, hot chocolate mix is an excellent substitute.
- When going for an iced latte, raspberry is deliciously refreshing, if oddly colored.
- For the love of God, do NOT put whipped cream on an iced latte.
If you take nothing else away from this post, take this:
- Hazelnut Mocha for the win!
- Lattes are "basically espresso with training wheels on." - Faye Whittaker, Questionable Content
I am happy with my training wheels on!
What's your favorite latte flavor?